Monday, January 26, 2009

2nd chemo update

Hey everyone,

Today we went to the doctor's office for Laurie's second round of chemo. Before we could get started we had to do our Goldilocks impression as the first room they put us in was "too hot". We moved to another room and it was "just right".

She is having the 2nd round, of four, of her Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Once again, during the Adriamycin, she is eating Pedialyte frozen pops and fruit pop-sickles. This is supposed to help prevent mouth sores which are a common side effect of this treatment. It worked last time so she will continue to do this.

The nurse added Ativan to the IV this time to help prevent nausea. The only side effect of that is she is feeling kind of droopy. But eating the frozen "treats" keeps her awake so I can continue to entertain her.

Laurie was able to nap during the Cytoxan portion of her treatment which was good. It gave me time to compose this portion of my blog entry.

Saturday night we used a Papa John’s gift card we received from the JI team at Floris ES and ordered the "All Meats" and Hawaiian pizzas. Thanks to the Japanese Immersion team for their generosity.

Last night we were treated to dinner by the McKinley's from Ox Hill. Dinner included delicious manicotti, tossed salad, rolls, and chocolate chip cookies. We all enjoyed every bite!

We're looking forward to a relatively quiet evening at home tonight as we anticipate our first measurable snowfall of the season. The kids are off today and tomorrow due to teacher work days and they are hoping to add Wednesday to their time off due to the impending snow. Me too!

I feel like I keep repeating myself but I have to thank you all again for all the expressions of love you have shown our family. The meals, cards, emails, carpools and prayers have meant so much to Laurie and the rest of us. We really don't know how to thank you enough. God has truly blessed us with wonderful family and friends and we thank Him every day for each and every blessing.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forest,
I cannot thank-you for this great blog. I am learning so much from your great descriptions. Hey nice pool! that was a new addition since the last time I visited the Wagner casa.love, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie & Forrest,
You two are the most awesome team of faith and love I have ever known. Yes I know we don't talk nearly enough but God always has you in my heart and prayers. You two helped set me on my journey with our Lord and Savior many years ago. Mom just sent me this. Forrest I can't thank you enough for being such a wonderful Christian husband, father, friend, and leader to your family and community. Laurie, you are such a blessing to me. I have placed you and your family on our (Parkway Church of God) pray list. This is the first computer blog I've done so I know our Lord is with us, Emmanuel. U R a God Send
Luv ya,Pati